Aged Care Speech Pathology Australia Wide
Servicing Aged Care Facilities in Australia
Loqui Speech Pathology specialises in the assessment and management of speech, swallowing, voice and communication difficulties in adults.
We service aged care facilities throughout Australia.
We respond promptly to referrals and can visit within 2 days for high priority and urgent referrals. If required we will call the resident’s family to discuss our assessments and results or coordinate with the residents family to be present at the time of the assessment.
Service arrangements and contracts can be tailored to meet your facility’s individual needs.
Our experienced speech pathologists can visit you in the comfort of your own home to support your swallowing, speech, voice, language and/ or communication needs. When conducting swallowing assessments at home, we can observe how you normally eat and drink. We can provide practical strategies, swallowing exercises and advice on how to prepare food and fluid modifications in your home, to ensure you are eating and drinking safely.
When we visit we will listen to your swallowing and communication concerns, ask questions, conduct tests and make clinical observations and recommendations. Following the assessment and diagnosis of your speech, language, voice and/ or swallowing difficulties we will provide you with recommendations and a therapy program, tailored to your individual needs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call to arrange a home visit.
Telehealth - delivering Speech Pathology directly to your phone, tablet or computer
No more travel and no more waiting in clinic rooms. Loqui can deliver speech pathology services directly to clients living anywhere in Australia with Internet access.
Clients and Aged Care Facilities can now easily access specialised speech pathology services and link up with the best Loqui Speech Pathologist that can support their needs.
Anyone with Internet access can now assess a Loqui Speech Pathologist with advanced skills in the management and rehabilitation of language, speech, voice and swallowing difficulties.
Enquire today at email@example.com to arrange a teleheath consultation.
Brisbane based clinics in Ashgrove and Clayfield
Loqui Speech Pathology has two clinic locations in Brisbane (Ashgrove and Clayfield). We pride ourselves on offering comprehensive services to adults with voice, communication and swallowing disorders. Our therapy is tailored to your needs, evidence based and motivating. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office between Monday and Friday to make a clinic appointment.
Speech Pathology Aged Care Australia Wide
Loqui Speech Pathology specialises in the assessment and management of speech, swallowing, voice and communication difficulties in adults. Staff provide mobile speech pathology and telehealth services to aged care recipients in residential aged care facilities and to clients in their home to assess, treat and manage their speech, swallowing and or communication needs. We respond promptly to referrals and can visit within 2 days for high priority and urgent referrals. If required we will call the resident’s family to discuss our assessments and results or coordinate with the residents family to be present at the time of the assessment. Loqui is registered with Medicare , WorkCover and the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
Benefits of Using Loqui Speech Pathology
- Service by speech pathologists with experience managing complex dysphagia, such as tracheostomy care, medically unstable residents, high or known aspiration risk, PEG feeds, head and neck cancer and palliative care.
- Implementation of consistent standards, terminology and documentation.
- Documentation that is clear, detailed and easy for staff to read and understand.
- Recommendations that are practical and easy for the facility to adopt.
- Reduction of thickened fluid costs, by ensuring residents are only on thickened fluids if clinically required and justified.
- Documentation of care needs in line with ACFI questions to assist validation of ACFI claims.
- Easy referral process to cut paperwork and reduce clinical staff workload.
- Strong working relationships with facility dietitians.
- Clear communication with families to explain speech pathology advice, reducing clinical staff time. Providing families with an opportunity to understand and express any concerns. This improves resident and family satisfaction and minimises complaints.
- Compassion and understanding of the palliative care needs of residents.
- Provision of a proactive service for the management and review of residents’ swallowing and communication needs. This reduces the administrative workload of facility staff and ensures residents’ optimal care needs are met, in accordance with Standard 2.4 (Clinical Care) of the Aged Care Accreditation Standards.
- Our team has over 160 years of collective clinical experience.
Funding Speech Pathology and Costs
Loqui is registered with DVA, Medicare, Private Health Funds and many My Aged Care providers.
We can provide services to adults who are referred under the Medicare Chronic Disease Management Plan. Your GP will be able to develop a management plan, which enables you to access allied health services. A rebate is available however you will still incur an out of pocket expense.
If you have private health insurance with speech pathology extra’s, you may be eligible to receive a rebate on all or part of the cost of therapy. Talk to your private health agency to determine your level of funding.
Making a Referral
Making referrals to Loqui Speech Pathology is easy. You can refer in 3 ways
When referring to Loqui, please tell us 3 things (1) The name of the resident (2) Why they need a speech pathology assessment (3) If the referral is urgent. When the referral is received, your speech pathologist will make an appointment to visit and assess the specified resident. This may be on their next scheduled visit to your facility; however in the event of an urgent referral, the speech pathologist will ensure the resident is seen within 1-2 days (in accordance with the National Stroke Foundation’s Clinical Guidelines). We value highly the relationship facilities establish with a regular, visiting Loqui Speech Pathologist. A regular speech pathologist will get to know your residents and staff, your kitchen procedures and generally how your facility works. Overall this leads to more efficient, quality servicing of your facility. Loqui Speech Pathologists are professional and will work closely with the facility to ensure residents are swallowing safely and fluid and food recommendations are tailored to meet the resident’s individual requirements. In between scheduled site visits, our speech pathologists are also able to provide phone and/or email support to clinical staff as required.
Conditions we treat include
- Swallowing Impairments (i.e. dysphagia)
- Speech Impairments (i.e. dyspraxia or dysarthria)
- Language or Communication Impairments (i.e. aphasia)
- Voice impairments (i.e. dysphonia)
Assessment and Management
Loqui staff hold advanced clinical skills in the assessment and management of swallowing, language, speech and voice disorders in the areas of
- Neurological and degenerative conditions, including:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
- Huntington’s disease
- Dementia (including Alzheimer’s, Vascular and Fronto-Temporal Dementias)
- Brain Injury
- Palliative Care
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Tracheostomy Care
- Spinal Injuries
- Voice Conditions (including vocal nodules, muscle tension dysphonia and chronic cough)
Easy to Read Reports
Communication is one of our strengths. We document our assessments and provide clear recommendations that are easy for clinical and care staff to understand. Our food and fluid terminology is in line with the Speech Pathology Australia and Australian Dietitian Association guidelines and standards. Loqui speech pathologists will also assist in maximising ACFI funding eligibility through documentation that is consistent with ACFI guidelines to validate ACFI claims under ACFI-1, ACFI-6, and ACFI-12.